- gigi2690 likes this
- quiuboparce reblogged this from vexedness
- plaiddingsbyplaidofplaidness reblogged this from madelinelime and added:
- greaserboy reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard
- madelinelime reblogged this from the-nomad and added:
- the-nomad reblogged this from sp-a-m and added:
- maybeastarfish reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard
- abitharpish likes this
- sendmelies likes this
- cockleshells reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard and added:
- unnecessaryemotion reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard
- pickledhappiness likes this
- overlooking-the-ocean likes this
- raintree3000 reblogged this from sp-a-m
- nutopiancitizen reblogged this from rubyvroom
- larosasinespinas reblogged this from treatyoselfartie
- tsarwars likes this
- custerdiedforyoursins likes this
- vexedness reblogged this from rubyvroom and added:
- vexedness likes this
- higginst likes this
- museoftragedy likes this
- callhergreen reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard
- judeheartfilia reblogged this from sartiebodyshots and added:
- 19-cilmaengwyn reblogged this from sp-a-m and added:
- sartiebodyshots reblogged this from treatyoselfartie and added:
- 19-cilmaengwyn likes this
- treatyoselfartie likes this
- sparklypills reblogged this from sp-a-m and added:
- treatyoselfartie reblogged this from sp-a-m and added:
- sp-a-m likes this
- sjsubstantive likes this
- eyelovepi reblogged this from blackfreethinkers and added:
- finallycavedin reblogged this from atheismfuckyeah
- algaurizin likes this
- assholebandit reblogged this from hellodinah and added:
- karteenz reblogged this from hellodinah
- karteenz likes this
- hellodinah reblogged this from dullchange
- bonedust reblogged this from canisfamiliaris and added:
- toonerdytobehipster reblogged this from ptcapaldi and added:
- messiahsenpai reblogged this from ptcapaldi and added:
- messiahsenpai likes this
- roxie-rose reblogged this from kianalvane and added:
- miniaturebee likes this
- curiousgetscuriouser likes this
- frumplejames reblogged this from robin-redbreast and added:
- end-story likes this
- btgrages reblogged this from bandersnatchin
Florida pastor, Michael Stahl has suggested that an organization and website be created that would keep track of known atheists. The website would list by city and state all atheists with their photos and some personal information such as place of business. It would not include a physical address which seems to contradict one of the main purposes of the site.
Pastor Mike compares atheists to “convicted sex offenders , ex-convicts , terrorist cells , hate groups like the KKK , skinheads , radical Islamists , etc..” He claims that the purpose of this organization/website called, "The Christian National Registry of Atheists" is to inform the public of known atheists so that they can be proselytize to and their businesses can be boycotted.
How would a Christian proselytize to an atheist if the atheist’s physical address is not included? This author speculates that this distinction was made more for legal reasons than for practical reasons. Should an address be supplied by such a website, the organization might be held responsible for any violence that “good Christians” might perpetrate on atheists.
Interesting enough, when Christians come to my door to proselytize, I engage them in conversation and assume they take note of my location because the same groups almost never come back to proselytize to me and my family again. It seems that Pastor Mike just wants to be the next Pastor Terry Jones. This purposed organization/website seems more like a publicity stunt than a serious proposal.
Put Pastor Mike on your “watch list” to see his next stunt proposal. For the record, Pastor Mike has no actual congregation. His “church” is an internet only organization. So I guess any Christian with a website can claim to be a pastor these days.
And here’s the actual proposition:
Brothers and Sisters , I have been seriously considering forming a ( Christian ) grassroots type of organization to be named “The Christian National Registry of Atheists” or something similar . I mean , think about it . There are already National Registrys for convicted sex offenders , ex-convicts , terrorist cells , hate groups like the KKK , skinheads , radical Islamists , etc..
This type of “National Registry” would merely be forinformation purposes . To inform the public of KNOWN (i.e., self-admitted) atheists . For example , let’s say you live in Colorado Springs , Colorado , you could simply scroll down ( from the I-Net site /Blog ) I would have , to the State of Colorado , and then when you see “Colorado Springs” , you will see the names of all the self-admitted atheist(s) who live there ( e.g., if an atheist’s name happened to be “Phil Small” ) . The individual’s physical address , and other known personal information would NOTbe disclosed ( though , perhaps a photo could be ) .
Now , many (especially the atheists ) , may ask “Why do this , what’s the purpose ?” Duhhh , Mr. Atheist , for the same purpose many States put the names and photos of convicted sex offenders and other ex-felons on the I-Net – to INFORM the public ! I mean , in the City of Miramar , Florida , where I live , the population is approx. 109,000 . My family and I would sure like to know how many of those 109,000 are ADMITTED atheists ! Perhaps we may actually know some . In which case we could begin to witness to them and warn them of the dangers of atheism . Or perhaps they are radical atheists , whose hearts are as hard as Pharaoh’s , in that case , if they are business owners , we would encourage all our Christian friends , as well as the various churches and their congregations NOTto patronize them as we would only be “feeding” Satan .
Frankly , I don’t see why anyone would oppose this idea – including the atheists themselves ( unless of course , they’re actually ashamed of their atheist religion , and would prefer to stay in the ‘closet.’ ) .
This is seriously just a fucking ridiculous thing to advocate for. There are reasons many atheists feel scared to come out, and this guy - as PZ says - is one of them.